Thursday, October 15, 2009

Visit to WSU

Last week I was visiting the Department of Computer Science at the Wayne State University in Detroit. I was kindly invited by the Department's Chair, Dr. Farshad Fotouhi, and by Prof. Andrian Marcus to give a talk in the CS Graduate Seminar. In the page of the seminar you can find the slides and the audio of the talk, not the video, but you are not missing nothing interesting though ;-) (I just found that the name of the University and Bogotá are not well written... :-/ I gotta tell them to fix it).

Despite the visit was short, it was really productive. We discussed about a possible joint graduate program between both departments and explored other possibilities to collaborate. I received good comments from the presentation and I think we caused a good impression. Actually it was not difficult to prepare the presentation since we are working in many different interesting things. I gotta said, we are doing a great work, but I'm sure we can do much better.

Leydi and Jacobo came along. We stayed at Andi's house and we had a really good time in Detroit. I met Jairo Hernán Aponte, a professor from our Deepartment, who is working with Andi. They are doing a very interesting work in Software Evolution in the Severe Group. He was a very good host along with Sonia, another Andi's student; they took me around the WSU campus for a very interesting tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment